Shores Property have decades of valuable experience insuring that your investment is always in safe hands and that you achieve the best profit and least stress. We are totally transparent when it comes to fees and you will know upfront how much our service will cost and what you can expect in return for your money.
Getting your property ready for renting
First impressions count and the nicer the property the better quality of tenants and more return for your investment. You will need by law;
- An EPC (Energy performance certificate) is a legally required document that needs to be made available to prospective tenants, so as soon as marketing starts. (Valid for 10 years)
- A Gas Safety Certificate (if gas present at property) legally required certificate that needs to be carried out by a Gas Safe engineer to check all gas appliances are safe (valid for 1 year)
- Smoke alarms tested and in good working order required by law.
- A Deposit (Once a tenancy begins) typically equal to 4-6 weeks of the rent legally must be registered within a deposit scheme. It is a legal requirement under the Housing Act 2004 for any security deposit to be held in a secure scheme so it must either be placed, by the Landlord, into his nominated deposit scheme for the duration of the tenancy.
- Electrical Safety certificate this can last from 5 to 10 years and would need to be carried out by an NIC electrician.
- Legionella Testing
All of these Shores are able to recommend and arrange or advise suitable companies to help with these.
Our Fees Vary from each property but will be quoted after the initial valuations and put in writing to you. Let fee starts from £600 (including vat), management Fees from 10%. Please talk to us in regards to multiple properties and certain circumstances where we may be able to give a discount.